Deaths are reported at the registry office of the place of death by the relatives themselves or on their behalf via a funeral home.
§§ 28 Law of Civil Status (Personenstandsgesetz, PStG)
- identity card (and, if present, passport) of the deceased
- certificate of the marital status of the deceased such as:
- birth certificate in case of single persons
- marriage certificate or certified copy from the family register in case of married persons
- certificate about the dissolution of the marriage in case of divorcees or widows by legally binding divorce decree or death certificate of the Partner
- death certificate from the doctor